Launch a Session
All sessions in DataChat start at the homepage. To start a session, click the + New button, then click on the Session button. By default, you can have a maximum of five sessions open at a time.
Navigate Grid Mode
Grid mode offers a more visual and directed experience than Notebook mode and is recommended for intermediate users who are working on single spreadsheet problems. In this mode, your datasets are the focus, taking up most of the screen, and your utterances are constructed through forms that make it easy to work with your data.
The Grid mode has six main components:
- The mode buttons to switch between Grid and Notebook mode.
- The toolbar. The buttons in the toolbar launch the skill forms used to create utterances. Related skills are grouped together.
- The dataset panel. The available datasets are shown as tabs at the top of the panel. Clicking a tab switches to the corresponding dataset. Double-clicking a tab lets you rename the dataset. Datasets with a lock next to them are read-only; performing actions on them first copies the selected dataset to "[Dataset] v2" and then performs the action on that dataset. Any available versions of the dataset appear next to the dataset's name.
- The chart panel. This is where visualizations are displayed.
- The chat panel. This is a toggled panel that includes both the chat box and chat history, allowing you to enter and view utterances and responses.
- The end session button.
You can also give your session a name to help differentiate sessions from each other on the homepage: