After you've loaded data into your session, the next step is to explore your data before diving in to your analysis. By exploring your data first, you can better understand the types of data you're working with, the quality of your data, and understand some general statistics about your data to help you set a baseline.
Search are the main skills used to explore a dataset.
Adjust a dataset:
- Hover over the column header rows to show the available controls.
- Click the Sort arrow to sort the displayed columns. Use Dataset > Sort for the entire dataset.
- Move the slider to change the column widths.
- Click the Menu button to show, hide, drop, or describe the column.
Use the Dataset button to:
When using a skill on a dataset, the generated dataset is returned as "[Dataset] v2" or the next incremental version value.
To describe the current dataset:
- Select Describe. Refer to the
Describereference page for more information.
- See the output tables in the chart panel.
To search the dataset:
- Select whether to search all of the available datasets or a single dataset.
- If you chose to search a single dataset, select the dataset to search.
- Choose whether to search for a specific string or a pattern.
- Enter the string, value, or pattern to look for.
- Click Submit.